November 27, 2012

So, I have this blog...

As Ron Swanson and I started spending more time together, I started to feel like there was an elephant sitting on my chest...
elephant on chest
I'm totally lying to him until I tell him about this blog's existence!! I have to tell him!!!!

I consulted my male friends, who all thought it was way too soon to unleash the toxic info. But I did it anyway. If I was going to bring him to meet my family for Thanksgiving, he had to know. I couldn't risk that he found out from someone other than me...

Me: "So, I feel like I need to tell you something..."

Ron: "Uh oh"

Me: "Well...it's just that I've not told you, I'm kind of an avid blogger. I've had a few over the years."

Ron: "About what?"

Me: "I used to write one about working in restaurants, and it was pretty well-liked, but then I quit. And I wanted to start writing again, but I needed something about my current life..."

Ron: "Your sex life?"

Me: "Well, not exactly....but my dating life. I started writing about my experiences with online dating mostly."

Ron: "Have you written about me?"

Me: "Yes. But only good things!"

Ron: "Okay, well that's cool. I get it. It's a creative outlet."

THE END. He didn't ask me anything else! In fact, he didn't even want to read it or know what it's called...which is pretty easy to maintain since he's not on Facebook. And he didn't care if I continued to write about him, so here we are.

That was a little too easy. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice! I definitively do NOT tell anyone I have a dating blog, and I'm keeping it that way, LOL. More power to you for your honesty! I would feel too censored if I did, and I'm already paranoid one of them will find it and figure out who they are by their not so clever nicknames. ;)

    I want to hear about Thanksgiving with Ron Swanson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, my blog is only 50% anonymous...since I obviously post pictures of myself and I also post my entries on Facebook for my friends. MOST of my exes know about the blog (for better or for worse) but I definitely don't tell my online dates. This is the first time I've had to tell someone I like, because I didn't start writing until after things ended with the Busy Builder. Thanksgiving post comes tomorrow! :)

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...