December 14, 2012

We need to talk...

Dear Readers,

We need to talk. When we first started this thing, I posted every day. I was so dedicated to making you happy...attending to your every need. I showered you with gifts of wonderfully pathetic, yet hilarious stories. And in return, you left encouraging comments and showed empathy to my plight. We have been through so much together. There's been a lot of excitement, some great (and sometimes awkward) sex, and all the usual ups and downs.

I feel like I have been distant lately. I'm not showing you the attention you deserve. Sometimes I want to post, but I'm distracted with other things. And sometimes, I just avoid you completely. It's nothing you did. You've been a great group of readers. Really. It's not you; it's me. 

So, it is with great bitter-sweetness that I say, I'm breaking up with you...my readers.

I'm just going to be honest, because you deserve that. There's someone else. Most nights when I should be home thinking of you, I'm out doing fun activities with him. You deserve so much better than what I can give you right now. You don't really want to hear about the awesome birthday present I got, or how cute it is that we both got each other eight Hanukkah presents in honor of his first celebration of this holiday...do you? I didn't think so. 

I might come back to you one day. Maybe I'm making a mistake, but I just have to follow my heart right now. I hope you understand.

I'll always cherish our memories together over the last five months. Our relationship was short, but passionate. I hope we can still be friends.

Take care,

Lindsay

it's not you it's me

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I only want you to be happy! Please know that you probably won't ever find anyone who cares about you as much as I do.

    If you ever change your mind please know that I will always be there for you.

    Be well and have a happy new year! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? Is this really happening???? You never gave me any clues.... I thought everything was going just right :(....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still live you too. I also secretly sabotaged your car so you have to call me more to fix it.

    Pinata

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the worst break up ever. I'm shattered! I love reading this!! It's bookmarked on my phone. You had your own tab! I appreciate your honesty, and I've loved every second we shared, so of course I wish you the best.

    But really, I hope you never have a reason to return to this blog :) thank you for everything, for putting your heart out there. You helped me through the hardest (real life) break up and its been a joy to read you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these kind words, whoever you are! I'm glad to have helped you through your time, just as it helped me through my real life break up. Until we meet again!

      Delete
  5. I am glad you have found happiness! I am envisioning..Every blah blah Day, if it goes all the way! Enjoy, and Mazel Tov!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...and hey, that's a great idea! Good luck to you!

      Delete
  6. Nooooooooo!!! This is so unexpected. There might have been clues with less frequent posts, but we can make this work! I swear. What about those lost souls currently in relationships that need wisdom and guidance and (let's be honest) the craziness to know that even in relationships we are not alone.

    Acceptance...I can accept the break up. Thanks for all the laughs and the advice and the window into your world. Enjoyed reading about your restaurant and love life shenanigans! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg what on earth am i supposed to giggle to at work!!!! heartbroken. thanks for always making my days so much brighter knowing i had your stories to look forward to. you are a very talented writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Glad I could entertain your mornings :)

      Delete
  8. I am so happy to see you are doing well in this relationship and hope you will never have to come back talking about being single. So happy for you! Mazal tov! Love that you each got 8 gifts for one another and he got you a nice gift for your bday.. You truly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...