December 11, 2012

I am 28 years old.

On Monday, I turned 28.

When I was little, I thought this was the age for magic. I thought I'd be starring on Broadway, drive a Thunderbird, and I would marry my dream guy.

Some things haven't changed since I was a little girl. I still love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I still organize obsessively. I still sing and dance around my house.

But some things shifted with age. The Thunderbird was discontinued in 2005. I nixed my Broadway aspirations shortly after entering college. And I'm a long way from marriage.

But I can't complain. Life is good. 

Since starting my online dating shenanigans in March, I've gone on 16 first dates.

I've gone on four second dates.

I started and ended two pseudo-relationships.

And now I'm happy to say, I'm starting a third. Do you believe in the power of three? Maybe it's just the sorority girl in me, but I do.

I'm feeling good about turning 28. I still get carded everywhere I go. I have a great set of family and friends. I love my job. I have a dog that mostly loves me unconditionally. I'm (hopefully) about to get a new car. And I started a new romance...

Here's hoping the world doesn't end!

And, I'll give you one guess who this card is from...

mustache birthday card



4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you are starting this new birthday year on a good note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron.swanson.
    But I know your real favorite gift is the one you wear the most :)
    Pinata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful birthday linds (: Love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy bday today is my 28th bday but i'll always have 27 in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...